In the long-term, buying a home benefits in several ways:
• by building equity which eventually one can use for a home equity loan or home equity line of credit
• opportunity to increase your credit rating and credit score when you finance a mortgage and pay your bills on time
• having the tax incentive of mortgage interest deductions; therefore, lowering the amount of taxes you owe
• as the value of your home increases, you have a fixed-rate mortgage where housing costs stay the same over the life of your home loan (unlike renting which increases over time)
There are Pros and Cons to Home Buying versus Renting but for those who have realized the American Dream of Home Ownership, it’s a great time to take pride in this…
Home Maintenance Checklist
1. Clean out gutters and downspouts.
Our Fort Mohave and Bullhead City monsoon season "officially begins June 15th and continues through September." Having clean gutters will keep water away from the house preventing any damage to your home. Less to worry about so you can enjoy our Arizona monsoon sunsets. Aren’t they spectacular?!
2. Power wash driveway and sidewalks.
Have you been driving home and ignoring those black oil stains in the driveway or the debris in the cracks of your sidewalk causing weeds to expand those cracks even more? Recommended once a year, a good pressure washing can make a night and day difference in your home’s curb appeal and extend the longevity of your driveway and property.
3. Clean and repair outdoor play equipment.
4. Check the A/C and schedule maintenance, if needed.
We stay cool on Fort Mohave and Bullhead City summer temperatures (71℉-112℉) by having fun in the water from the Colorado River, Lake Mohave to Lake Havasu. But when you get home from a day of fun in the sun, you want to escape the Arizona desert weather in a nicely cooled home. How long has it been since your HVAC technician has checked the overall condition of your air conditioning system?
"The most important maintenance task that will ensure the efficiency of your air conditioner is to routinely replace or clean its filters." –Energy.gov
5. Prep the grill for summer barbecues.
6. Clean the dryer vent and exhaust duct.
Two reasons to care: If you want your dryer to last longer and work efficiently, you’ll want to clean the dryer vent regularly. Most importantly, all the lint that accumulates in the ducts can potentially ignite when mixed with the hot air. Prevent this fire hazard.
"Every year, dryer duct fires cause $35 million in damages, hundreds of injuries and even deaths." –Bungalow.com
7. Wash, fold, and organize pool and beach towels.
8. Organize and store school supplies and papers.
9. Replace air filters.
10. Dust ceiling fan blades and set to spin counterclockwise.
"The ceiling fan direction in summer should be counterclockwise to help create a downdraft, which creates that direct, cooling breeze. Your fan direction in winter needs to be clockwise to create an updraft and circulate warm air around the room." –HunterFan.com
Buying or Selling. Let Us Guide You Home.
Need assistance in checking a few things off your Home Maintenance Checklist?